We ordered a hot tub cover from Solis Manufacturing.After having the cover for about 3 months I started to notice discoloration and degradation on the inside of the cover where it's exposed to water.
Our hot tub is about 12 years old and had 3 previous covers. None of the previous covers had any issues related to the inside of the cover.I sent photos to Solis indicating the problem and describing the problem. I received a generic response email pretty much saying the problem was due to over exposure of chemicals we added to the hot tub. We have an ozonator and use a little bromine.
That's all. After calling Solis to follow up on the issue ...twice... I was informed that ozonators are a thing of the past, that no one uses them anymore and that was probably the problem. Solis suggested I send the skin back to them for analysis.
Sending the skin is next to impossible for me since the temperature here is below freezing half the year.
I called the company that sold us the ozonator and they confirmed that ozonators are not a thing of the past and in fact are very popular.Basically, Solis is telling me it's my fault, blaming it on the chemicals, which is ***.DO NOT BUY A HOT TUB COVER FROM SOLIS!!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hot Tub Cover
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a metal frame building from Versa Tube, which their engineers designed for the area of Minnesota I live in. The building collapsed! I purchased a VersaTube metal frame..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "My name is Kimberly It's weird I had the same problem. I am documenting and taking photos because I'm suing them for the crappy job. My walls are soft, and..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."