Solis Spa Covers - Hot Tub Cover Discolorization

We ordered a hot tub cover from Solis Manufacturing.After having the cover for about 3 months I started to notice discoloration and degradation on the inside of the cover where it's exposed to water.

Our hot tub is about 12 years old and had 3 previous covers. None of the previous covers had any issues related to the inside of the cover.I sent photos to Solis indicating the problem and describing the problem. I received a generic response email pretty much saying the problem was due to over exposure of chemicals we added to the hot tub. We have an ozonator and use a little bromine.

That's all. After calling Solis to follow up on the issue ...twice... I was informed that ozonators are a thing of the past, that no one uses them anymore and that was probably the problem. Solis suggested I send the skin back to them for analysis.

Sending the skin is next to impossible for me since the temperature here is below freezing half the year.

I called the company that sold us the ozonator and they confirmed that ozonators are not a thing of the past and in fact are very popular.Basically, Solis is telling me it's my fault, blaming it on the chemicals, which is ***.DO NOT BUY A HOT TUB COVER FROM SOLIS!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 9 No 9
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Solis Spa Covers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Solis Spa Covers.
Filing a new complaint about